Lung tumors are tumors that grow in the lungs. Some of the tumors are cancer. Some tumors are benign, or non-cancerous. There are many types of lung cancer. Some types are common and some are rare. Lung tumors can be cancer that has spread to the lungs coming from a different part of the body. Some lung tumors are:
- Bronchial leiomyoma, a rare, benign tumor
- Lung cancer, the term commonly used to refer to carcinoma of the lung
- Pulmonary carcinoid tumor
- Pleuropulmonary blastoma
- Neuroendocrine tumors of the lung
- Lymphomas of the lung.
- Sarcomas of the lung.
- Mediastinal tumors
- Pleural tumors
- Cancer in the lungs from other places in the body (metastasis or secondary tumors/neoplasms)
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Ali, Kamran (2023-01-24). "Neuroendocrine Tumours of the Lung". Dr Kamran Ali. Retrieved 2023-01-24.
- ↑ Giménez A, Franquet T, Prats R, Estrada P, Villalba J, Bagué S (2002). "Unusual primary lung tumors: a radiologic-pathologic overview". Radiographics. 22 (3): 601–19. doi:10.1148/radiographics.22.3.g02ma25601. PMID 12006690.
- ↑ Gladish GW, Sabloff BM, Munden RF, Truong MT, Erasmus JJ, Chasen MH (2002). "Primary thoracic sarcomas". Radiographics. 22 (3): 621–37. doi:10.1148/radiographics.22.3.g02ma17621. PMID 12006691.