Ménage à trois
A ménage à trois (French: [menaʒ a tʁwɑ]) is a French term used to describe a situation where three people are involved in a relationship and live together. Each of the three has a sexual relationship to the two others. A form of polyamory, arrangements are sometimes identified as a throuple, thruple, or triad.
In 2021, the first ever throuple couple got married, and it is now officially legal.
References[change | change source]
- "Brandi Glanville Wants To Be In A Throuple With Denise Richards And Aaron Phypers, But What Is That Exactly?". Aryelle Siclait/Women Health Mag. 25 August 2021. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Throuple Relationships vs Threesomes Explained: What It's Like To Be In A Three-Person Romance, HuffPost, 2016 July 28.
- "A thruple of a married male couple and their girlfriend want to have kids". PinkNews. 22 November 2017.
- "Glossary of poly terms". MoreThanTwo.
- "Polyamorous throuple get hitched and share everything – from bed to bank account". 17 January 2021.