|Part of E20 and E22|
|Maintained by |
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Liverpool City Council
|Length||107 mi (172 km)|
7 miles (11 km) are part of the M60 motorway
|West end||Knotty Ash|
J6 → M57 motorway
J35 → M18 motorway
|East end||North Cave|
|Counties||Merseyside, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire|
The M62 is a motorway in Northern England. It connects Liverpool and Manchester with Leeds and Hull. It is about 107 miles (172 km) long. Around seven miles of the motorway is shared with the M60.
Junctions[change | change source]
Major incidents[change | change source]
In 1974, the Provisional Irish Republican Army bombed a coach, killing 12 people. In 2001, a car veered off the road onto a railway track, causing a train crash which killed 10 people.
Coordinates[change | change source]
- ↑ 53°24′22″N 2°53′46″W / 53.405977°N 2.896099°W: Western end of the M62 Motorway
- ↑ 53°25′34″N 2°33′22″W / 53.426024°N 2.55614°W: M6/M62 interchange
- ↑ 53°29′15″N 2°22′36″W / 53.487591°N 2.3767°W: Western end of M60/M62 concurrency
- ↑ 53°32′59″N 2°15′38″W / 53.549801°N 2.26055°W: Eastern end of M60/M62 concurrency
- ↑ 53°44′12″N 1°43′34″W / 53.736671°N 1.726181°W: M62/M606 interchange
- ↑ 53°43′51″N 1°30′43″W / 53.730811°N 1.511929°W: M62/M1 interchange
- ↑ 53°42′40″N 1°17′27″W / 53.711174°N 1.290832°W: M62/A1 interchange
- ↑ 53°41′45″N 1°16′03″W / 53.695714°N 1.267566°W: M62:J33 and Ferrybridge Services
- ↑ 53°46′16″N 0°41′07″W / 53.771087°N 0.685205°W: Eastern end of the M62 Motorway
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Marshall, Chris. "M62 motorway". Motorway Database. Chris's British Road Directory. Retrieved 19 May 2007.
- ↑ "M62: Queens Drive to Eccles". The Motorway Archive. Archived from the original on 14 January 2009. Retrieved 19 May 2007.