Jump to navigation Jump to search
Because it has a closed user interface, third parties cannot make applications or install applications, unlike UIQ and S60.
Versions[change | change source]
There are two versions of MOAP:
- MOAP(S) runs on phones that run Symbian OS from some manufacturers, such as Fujitsu, Sony Ericsson Japan, Mitsubishi, Sharp and more. Unlike Series 60 and UIQ, which are other platforms based on Symbian, MOAP(S) is not an open development platform. MOAP(S) is released as open source from Symbian Foundation under the EPL.
- MOAP(L) is supported by Linux-based phones from Panasonic and NEC. MOAP(L) is also not an open development platform.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "NTT DoCoMo Glossary". Archived from the original on 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2020-03-19.
- Page 83, New Frontiers in Open Innovation, Editors: Henry William Chesbrough, Wim Vanhaverbeke, Joel West, Publisher: Oxford University Press, 2014, ISBN 0199682461, 9780199682461, ... the next most important customer was NTT DoCoMo and MOAP (Mobile Oriented Applications Platform), whose handsets accounted for 10‒20% of Symbian sales...
- Expansion of "MOAP" Software Platforms for Mobile Terminals, NTT DoCoMo Technical Journal Vol. 8 No. 1