Machida City Hall
Location of Machida in Tokyo
|• Total||71.80 km2 (27.72 sq mi)|
|Population (February 2016)|
|• Density||5,980/km2 (15,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|• Tree||Zelkova serrata|
|• Flower||Scarlet sage|
|• Bird||Common kingfisher|
|Address||1-20-23 Nakamachi, Machida-shi, Tokyo 194-8520|
History[change | change source]
The city was founded on February 1, 1958.
Before 1965, Machida was an group of farm villages in the vicinity of Tokyo.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG), "Municipalities within Tokyo"; retrieved 2012-3-27.
- World Water Assessment Programme. (2003). "Table 22.1: Hydrological characteristics of the five river basins in Greater Tokyo," Water for people, water for life: a joint report by the twenty-three UN agencies concerned with freshwater, p. 485.
- Hanayama, Yuzuru. (1986). Land markets and land policy in a metropolitan area: case study of Tokyo, p. 111.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Media related to Machida, Tokyo at Wikimedia Commons
- Machida travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Machida City official website (Japanese)