Mahamaham tank, Kumbakonam
Mahamaham tank is a huge temple tank located in Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu, India. It is one of the largest temple tanks in Tamil Nadu. The Masimaham festival held in the tank has 0.1 million visitors. The 12 year Mahamaham festival has about 2 million visitors.The tank is located in the center of Kumbakonam town. It covers an area of 6.2 acres.
Gallery[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Hi-tech rein on pilgrims". The Telegraph. March 6, 2004. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- Ayyar, P.V. Jagadisa (1993). South Indian Shrines Illustrated. New Delhi: Asian Educational Services. ISBN 81-206-0151-3.
- Bansal, Sunita Pant (2008), Hindu Pilgrimage: A Journey Through the Holy Places of Hindus All Over India, Delhi: Hindology Books, ISBN 978-81-223-0997-3
- S., Gajarani (2004), History, Religion and culture of India, Vol.3, New Delhi: Isha Books, ISBN 81-8205-061-8
- V., Vriddhagirisan (1995), Nayaks of Tanjore, New Delhi: Asian Educational Services, ISBN 81-206-0996-4.