|Birth name||Ernán Enrique Jiménez|
|Also known as||Makano|
|Born||May 7, 1983|
|Genres||Reggaeton, Reggae en Español|
|Labels||Panama Music, Machete Music, Universal Music|
Ernán Enrique Jiménez (born May 7, 1983) is a Panamanian singer. He is better known by his stage name Makano. Makano in Panama means "strong like a tree". At the age of 12, Jiménez was part of a reggaeton group called "Los Makanos". The members of the group made a promise that the first of them to record a full disc would carry on the group's name.
When he was 16, Jiménez was writing quality music. His father discouraged him from music, saying he needed to get a real job. After several years of trying, Jimenez appeared on the CD La Alianza in 2004. Afterward, he was given the chance to record several songs which later became number one hits in Panama. In 2007, Jimenez signed with Panama Music. He recorded his first album as a solo singer, Te Amo, which features the songs "Yo Quisiera Vivir", "Te Va a Doler", "Te Amo" and "Déjame Entrar".
Discography[change | change source]
Studio albums[change | change source]
- 2008: Te Amo
- 2010: Sin Fronteras
Singles[change | change source]
- Atrévete (2004)
- Traición (2004)
- Si Tú No Le Dices (2008)
- Te Amo (2008)
- Déjame Entrar (2009)
- Su Nombre en Mi Cuaderno (feat. Josenid) (2009)
- Como Hago Para Olvidarte (2010)
- Somos Amantes (2010)
- Dejame Volver (2010)
Awards and nominations[change | change source]
- His first album, Te Amo, reached Gold for sales in the United States.
- Reached Platinum for digital download of his album Te Amo in Central America.
- Certification by RIAA for multiple weeks as a Number One Single for "Te Amo" in Billboard Magazine.
- "Best Breakthrough Artist" and "Best Hip Hop Artist" in Premios Texas 2009
- "Revelacion del Año Urbano" in Premios Lo Nuestro 2010
- Nominated for a Premio Billboard en Español as "Artist of the Year, Debut"