Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
Choti Kashi, Varanasi Of Hills
|Founded by||Ajbar Sen|
|• Body||Municipal Council of Mandi|
|• Deputy Commissioner||Sh. Sandeep Kadam, IAS|
|• Superintendent of police||Sh. Abhishek Dular, IPS|
|Elevation||850 m (2,790 ft)|
|• Rank||6 in HP|
|• Ethnic groups||Mandyali|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||HP-33, HP-65|
|Sex ratio||1000/1013 ♂/♀ (2nd in HP)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mandi (Lok Sabha Constituency)|
|Planning agency||Town and Country Planning Department, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Civic agency||Municipal Council of Mandi|
|Present King||HH Raja Ashokpal Sen|
|Precipitation||1,380 millimetres (54 in)|
|Avg. annual temperature||23 °C (73 °F)|
|Avg. summer temperature||29 °C (84 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||17 °C (63 °F)|
|† The Mandi Planning area also includes some portions of Mandi District.|
Mandi (//) is a major city in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the capital of the Mandi District. It was formerly called Mandav Nagar, and is also known as Sahor. It is located 153 kilometres (95 mi) north of state capital, Shimla. It is in the north-west Himalayas. The average altitude is about 1,044 metres (3,425 ft),
References[change | change source]
- =Mandi Planning Area in Hectares (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- Emerson, A.; Howell, G.C.L.; Wright, H.L. (1996). Gazetteer of the Mandi State. Indus Publishing. p. 21. ISBN 978-81-7387-054-5.
- All About the Mandi City. Archived from the original on 2011-12-27. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "Tibetan People used to call Mandi earlier "Sahor(Zahor)"". Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "Distance of Shimla from Mandi by Road". Archived from the original on 2015-03-20. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "Geography of Mandi". Archived from the original on 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Mandi, Himachal Pradesh at Wikimedia Commons
Gallery[change | change source]