|Secretary of the Radical Party|
|Preceded by||Francesco Rutelli|
|Succeeded by||Roberto Cicciomessere|
|Preceded by||Bruno Villabruna|
|Succeeded by||Gianfranco Spadaccia|
|Member of the Chamber of Deputies|
21 April 1976 – 9 May 1994
|Member of the European Parliament|
17 July 1979 – 6 June 2009
|Born||2 May 1930|
|Died||19 May 2016 (aged 86)|
|Transnational Radical Party|
Marco Pannella (born Giacinto Pannella; 2 May 1930 – 19 May 2016) was an Italian politician and political and human rights activist.
He was the leader of the Radical Party. Between 1979 and 2009, he was a Member of the European Parliament, where he sat as a full member in the Committee on Legal Affairs, in the Committee on Budgetary Control and in the Delegation for relations with Israel.
References[change | change source]
- Pannella: «Ho amato molto tre o quattro uomini», Corriere della Sera, 11 May 2010
- Valter Vecellio, Marco Pannella. Biografia di un irregolare, Rubbettino, Rome, 2010, p. 172.
- InfoOggi. "Addio a Marco Pannella, leader della lotta politica nonviolenta". InfoOggi.it (in Italian). Retrieved 2016-05-19.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Nonviolent Radical Party official website
- Rome Set To Lead Peace-Keeping Mission[permanent dead link]