Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
Ashley Fuller Olsen
June 13, 1986
|Occupation||Actresses, fashion designers|
Merchandise related to the Olsens is still very popular in the teenage market. The Olsens have a clothing line for girls ages 4–14 in Wal-Mart stores across North America, as well as a beauty line called "Mary-Kate and Ashley: Real fashion for real girls".
Health issues[change | change source]
In mid-2004, Mary-Kate Olsen announced she had entered treatment for an eating disorder, anorexia nervosa. A Got Milk? ad featuring the twins was pulled following the announcement. On November 20, 2007 she was hospitalized for a reported kidney infection.
Fashion only[change | change source]
The twins have bought up a number of fashion labels, and this is now their main activity. In 2012 the girls decided to quit acting permanently and focus on fashion.
References[change | change source]
- Soriano, César G. "Mary-Kate Olsen seeks treatment for eating disorder." USA Today. June 22, 2004.
- Soriano, César G. (June 22, 2004). "Mary-Kate in treatment". USA Today.
- "Olsen Twins' 'Got Milk?' Ad Pulled" All Business. June 8, 2004. Last accessed 2011-02-19.
- "Olsen twins no longer 'Got milk'" Archived 2012-09-27 at the Wayback Machine MSNBC. July 7, 2004. Last accessed February 19, 2011.
- "Mary-Kate Olsen hospitalized for kidney infection". USA Today.com. November 20, 2007.
- Olsen Twins Quit Acting: Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Focus On Fashion