- In this Japanese name, the family name is Masaoka.
|Born||17 September 1867|
Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
|Died||19 September 1902|
|Genre||poetry, literary criticism|
Masaoka Shiki (正岡子規, Masaoka Shiki, September 17, 1867–September 19, 1902) was the pen-name of a Japanese author, poet, literary critic, and journalist in Meiji period of Japan. His real name was Masaoka Tsunenori. As a child he was called Noboru.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Selected Poems (haiku and tanka) of Masaoka Shiki, Translated by Janine Beichman at University of Virginia Library Japanese Text Initiative poem translations from 'Masaoka Shiki' by Janine Beichman
- Ehime University site on Masaoka Shiki with photos, poetry Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- fan site with bio and poems
- National Diet Library bio and photos