Mathew B. Brady
Mathew B. Brady, self-portrait, circa 1875
Warren County, New York, U.S.A.
|Died||January 15, 1896 (aged 73)|
New York City, New York, U.S.A.
|Spouse||Juliette Handy Brady|
Mathew B. Brady (1822 – January 15, 1896) was one of the most celebrated 19th century American photographers, best known for his portraits of celebrities and the documentation of the American Civil War. He is credited with being the father of photojournalism.
References[change | change source]
- Panzer, Mary (1997). Mathew Brady and the Image of History. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Books. ISBN 1-58834-143-7, LCC TR140.B7 P36 1997.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mathew Brady.|
- Mathew Brady biography at American Memory of the Library of Congress
- Mathew Brady Photographs More than 6,000 photographs available in the Archival Research Catalog of the National Archives and Records Administration
- Mathew Brady's World – biography, timeline and analysis of Brady's work at the Smithsonian Institution
- Mathew Brady at Find a Grave