|56th Prime Minister of Italy|
22 February 2014 – 5 December 2016
|President||Giorgio Napolitano Sergio Mattarella|
|Preceded by||Enrico Letta|
|Succeeded by||Paolo Gentiloni|
|Secretary of the Democratic Party|
|Assumed office |
15 December 2013
|Preceded by||Guglielmo Epifani|
|Mayor of Florence|
22 June 2009 – 24 March 2014
|Preceded by||Leonardo Domenici|
|Succeeded by||Dario Nardella|
|President of Florence Province|
14 June 2004 – 22 June 2009
|Preceded by||Michele Gesualdi|
|Succeeded by||Andrea Barducci|
|Born||11 January 1975|
|Political party||Democratic Party (2007–present)|
The Daisy (2002–2007)
People's Party (1996–2002)
|Alma mater||University of Florence|
Matteo Renzi (Italian pronunciation: [matˈtɛo ˈrɛntsi]; born 11 January 1975) is an Italian politician. He is the 56th and current Prime Minister of Italy. He became Prime Minister on 22 February 2014. Before, he was the President of Florence Province from 2004 to 2009 and the Mayor of Florence from 2009 to 2014. He resigned on 5 December 2016.
References[change | change source]
- City of Florence
- "Elezioni Comunali Turno di ballottaggio 21–22 giugno 2009" (in Italian). Comune di Firenze. 2009. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Roe, Alex. "Matteo Renzi takes Florence". Retrieved 25 June 2009.
- "Italy to swear in new Prime Minister Matteo Renzi". BBC News. 22 February 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Matteo Renzi at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers (Italian)
- Renzi's personal website (Italian)
- Renzi on his party's website (Italian)