Maximum Ride is a young adult science fiction/fantasy series written by the award-winning American author, James Patterson, starting from April 19, 2005 and continuing to the present. Right now, there are six titles in the series:
- The Angel Experiment
- School's Out - Forever
- Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports
- The Final Warning
- Max: A Maximum Ride Novel
- Fang: A Maximum Ride Novel
The series focuses on six kids who are 98% human and 2% avian, Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel (also known as the Flock) who must escape from evil mad scientists from "The School". They are being hunted down by Erasers who are a human-wolf mix. The Flock work towards protecting the world from being ruled by strange figures, who have also shown an interest in their capture.
In January 2007 it was announced that a movie based on the Maximum Ride series would be made. The producer of it was Avi Arad, one of the producers of Spider-Man, X-Men and other Marvel movies. In an interview with James Patterson, it was told Arad had already planned out the first movie based on the series. On August 7, 2008, it was announced that Columbia Pictures bought the screen rights to the franchise, and that Don Payne would write the screenplay. The first Maximum Ride movie released in 2016. However, when they were making the film in 2016, the writers of its screenplay were changed to Angelique Hanus and Jesse Spears.
References[change | change source]
- Laura B. Weiss (2006-05-31). "James Patterson Talks about Writing for Kids". School Library Journal. Retrieved 2007-08-21.
- http://www.maximumride.co.uk/film.php Archived 2012-08-04 at Archive.today Maximum Ride - The Film
- "Books : Maximum Ride - The Official James Patterson Web Site".
- "Columbia takes 'Maximum Ride' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety".
- "Performance-capture films slated - Entertainment News, Los Angeles, Media - Variety".
Other websites[change | change source]