|Type||Public (NYSE: MCD)|
|When it was created||May 15, 1940 in San Bernardino, California|
McDonald's Corporation, 1955 in Des Plaines, Illinois
|People who started it||McDonald's - Richard and Maurice McDonald McDonald's Corporation - Ray Kroc|
|Headquarters||Oak Brook, Illinois, USA|
|Number of locations||35,000+ worldwide|
|Key people||James A. Skinner|
(Chairman) & (CEO)
|Things made||Fast Food|
(hamburgers • chicken • french fries • soft drinks • milkshakes • salads • desserts • breakfast)
|Money earned||US$ 22.79 billion (2007)|
|Operating income||US$ 3.879 billion (2007)|
|Net income||US$ 2.359 billion (2007)|
|Total assets||US$ 29.391 billion (2007)|
|Total equity||US$ 15.279 billion (2007)|
McDonald's has over 36,000 stores in 119 countries and territories, the second-most stores out of all fast food chains worldwide behind only the submarine sandwich chain Subway. They serve almost 54 million people each day.[source?]
The first McDonald's restaurant was opened by Richard and Maurice (Mac) McDonald in 1940. It was located on Route 66 in San Bernardino, California. The McDonald brothers later sold their company to Ray Kroc in Des Plaines, Illinois.
Food[change | change source]
Mickey d s has bad food that kill u omg damn bad
Criticism[change | change source]
in 201’ mcdsondos eat burger! Lmaoooo
Mascot[change | change source]
Locations[change | change source]
McDonald's has restaurants in the following countries:
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Iceland (Changed to Metro)
- New Zealand
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
References[change | change source]
- McDonald's publication. "Corporate FAQ". McDonald's Corporation. Retrieved 2007-11-24.
- Joe Bramhall. "McDonald's Corporation". Hoovers. Retrieved 2007-11-24.
- "McDonald's, the world's biggest fast food chain, has reportedly rejected a plan put forward by..." Food & Drink Weekly. 23 January 2006.
- "World's Largest Fast Food Chains". Food & Wine. Time, Inc. Affluent Media Group. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- Ganzel, Bill (2016-08-22). "McDonald's vs Subway: Which Has the Bigger Restaurant Chain?". Knoema. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- Ganzel, Bill (2007). "Fast Food". Life in the 50s & 60s. Wessels Living History Farm. Retrieved 2008-11-21.