Jump to navigation Jump to search
A mechanician is an engineer or a scientist working in the field of mechanics, or in engineering, applied mechanics and similar fields. Sometimes mechanicians are also called mechaniker and mechanicist.
People who made lasting contributions to mechanics more than 100 years ago[change | change source]
- Guillaume Amontons: laws of friction
- Galileo Galilei: notion of strength.
- Josiah Willard Gibbs: thermodynamics
- Heinrich Rudolf Hertz: contact mechanics
- Issac Newton: Newton's laws, law of gravitation
Related pages[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- iMechanica, news and views of interest to mechanicians and their friends.
- Homepage of the ASME International Applied Mechanics Division Archived 2013-05-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Mathematics Geneaology Project
- Mechanician Career Description Archived 2012-06-10 at the Wayback Machine
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics archive