Clockwise from Top: Martyr Memorial, Meerut Clock Tower, Mustafa Castle, Basilica of Our Lady of Graces
|• Body||Meerut Municipal Corporation|
|• Mayor||sunita verma (BSP)|
|• Divisional Commissioner||Anita Meshram, IAS|
|• District Magistrate||Anil Dhingra, IAS|
|• Senior Superintendent of Police||Akhilesh kumar, IPS|
|• Municipal Commissioner||Dr. Arvind Kumar Chaurasia (IAS)|
|• Metropolitan City||183 km2 (71 sq mi)|
|Elevation||224.659 m (737.070 ft)|
|• Metropolitan City||1,524,908|
|• Density||8,300/km2 (22,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||91- 121- XXXX XXX|
Meerut (Hindi: मेरठ, Urdu: میرٹھ) is a city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is an ancient city. Settlements dating back to the Indus Valley civilization have been found in the area. The city is located 70 km (43 mi) northeast of the national capital, New Delhi. It is the 25th largest city in India.
References[change | change source]
- "Six cities to get metropolitan status". Times of India. Archived from the original on 23 December 2017. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Meerut Municipal Corporation e-Newsletter April 2017" (PDF). Meerut Municipal Corporation E-Newsletter: 2. April 2017. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 November 2017. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- "Meerut MLA"
- "Welcome to the National Capital Region(U.P)". Archived from the original on 30 April 2012.
- "NCR - DelhiLive". Retrieved August 2013. Check date values in:
- "India's largest cities / urban areas". Retrieved August 2013. Check date values in: