Turney as Vav at the RTX 2014.
Megan LeeAnn Turney
March 12, 1987
Megan "Meg" Turney (born March 12, 1987) is an American internet personality, cosplayer, and model. Turney is known for her online media presence. She is most noted for her work with the online series SourceFed and later Rooster Teeth. Turney is also known for her cosplaying at various conventions such as Comic-Con.
Online media career[change | change source]
During her early years Turney hosted event coverage for deviantART. She appeared as a featured host on CraveOnline's TechKnow show. In July 2012, Turney would make her debut as a host of the YouTube channel SourceFed, where she and her co-host spoke about Star Wars. Along with being a host for the channel, Turney would also write stories for the SourceFed website. Turney would stay as a host of the channel, as well as its sister channel, SourceFed Nerd, until April 2014. During this time period, Turney also hosted for the American Music Awards' On Demand series, as well as Nerdist News.
After leaving SourceFed, Turney became a host for Rooster Teeth's channel, The Know. She made her first appearance on the channel on June 1, 2014. On joining Rooster Teeth, Turney said, "They have been pioneers in the industry for many years, and their level of originality and just plain fun in their content is unmatched in the space." In August 2014, Turney began co-hosting The Know It All: Leaderboard, a joint series of Rooster Teeth and The Daily Dot.
Cosplaying and modeling[change | change source]
In addition to her work online, Turney is also known for her cosplaying career. Turney was introduced to cosplaying by her friend, when she invited Turney to Ushicon 1 in 2002. Gamer Headlines wrote that Turney is, "known for her high quality cosplay and saucy lingerie photos." She appeared on the Syfy series Heroes of Cosplay in June 2014.
References[change | change source]
- Milani, Jerry (March 13, 2012). "MEGABIT Brings Gives A Whole New Meaning To Sexy Cosplay". Wizard World Digital. Retrieved June 14, 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Gutelle, Sam (May 30, 2014). "Ex-SourceFed Host Meg Turney Comes To Rooster Teeth's 'The Know'". Tubefilter. Retrieved June 3, 2014. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Jarvey, Natalie (May 30, 2014). "YouTube Personality Meg Turney Joins Rooster Teeth News Channel The Know (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Gallaga, Omar L. (August 26, 2014). "Daily Dot and Rooster Teeth launch e-sports show 'Leaderboard'". Austin 360. Retrieved June 14, 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Renovitch, James (August 29, 2014). "Local Video Game News". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Hookway, James (May 20, 2015). "How to Get Wolverine's Look on a Budget". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "Cosplay Friday: Meg Turney's Costumed Capers [Full]". Nerdist News. July 10, 2012. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved June 14, 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Sales, Samuel (October 27, 2014). "Rooster Teeth host asked to change Twitch profile picture following crackdown on sexy". Gamer Headlines. Retrieved June 14, 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Wizard World Portland 2014". Syfy. June 17, 2014. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Foster, Leonard (March 5, 2015). "Meg Turney EXCLUSIVE interview with the geek gaming goddess". Flavourmag. Retrieved June 14, 2015. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "FHM 100 Sexiest 2015". FHM. Retrieved June 14, 2015.