|United States Ambassador to Kenya|
Margaret Cushing Whitman
August 4, 1956
Huntington, New York, U.S.
Griffith R. Harsh (m. 1980)
|Education||Princeton University (AB)|
Harvard University (MBA)
|Net worth||US$5.1 billion (September 2020)|
She was CEO of the online auction site eBay from 1998 to 2008. She also worked for DreamWorks, Procter & Gamble, and Hasbro. In 2010, she ran for Governor of California as a Republican. Her campaign was paid for mostly by millions of her own money. Even though she spent over $100 million, she still lost to Jerry Brown.
References[change | change source]
- "Meg Whitman". Forbes. Retrieved September 29, 2020.
- "#773 Margaret Whitman". Forbes. February 12, 2010. Retrieved August 29, 2010.
- Hewlett-Packard (September 22, 2011). "HP Names Meg Whitman President and Chief Executive Officer". Press release. http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2011/110922xb.html?mtxs=rss-corp-news. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- Caulfield, Philip (November 3, 2010). "Meg Whitman loses California governor race despite $160 million tab; Jerry Brown wins for 3rd time". Daily News. Archived from the original on November 6, 2010. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- "President Biden Announces Key Nominees". The White House. 2021-12-08. Retrieved 2021-12-08.