Melly S. Oitzl (in full: Maria-Silvana Oitzl, born 1955 in Lind/Arnoldstein) is an Austrian neuroscientist studying behavior. She is associate professor of medical pharmacology at the University of Leiden and adjunct professor of cognitive neurobiology (the neurobiology of thinking) at the University of Amsterdam. Oitzl works on the relationships between stress, cognition, and emotion. She got her Ph.D. in 1989 from the Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf. Oitzl is a member of the board of the Earth and Life Sciences division of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research. This organization had already given her an "Aspasia" grant in 2008. She has been a member of the executive committee and treasurer of the European Brain and Behaviour Society. The Web of Science lists more than 130 articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals written by Oitzl. These have been cited over 5000 times and she has an h-index of 33.
References[change | change source]
- "Prof. dr. Melly Oitzl". Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "prof.dr. M.S. Oitzl". University of Amsterdam. Archived from the original on 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- "Stress, cognitie en emotie: onderzoek aan diermodellen voor de pathogenese van stress-gerelateerde ziektes". Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "Melly S. Oitzl, Ph.D." Delta Phenomics. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "Melly Oitzl is new NWO ALW board member". Leiden/Amsterdam Center for Drug Research. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "Aspasia". Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "Committee members | General". European Brain and Behaviour Society. Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "M.S. Oitzl". Science Citation Index. Web of Science. Thomson Reuters. 2012.