|English: My Kazakhstan|
|National anthem of||Kazakhstan|
|Lyrics||Jumeken Najimedenov, 1956|
Nursultan Nazarbayev, 2006
|Music||Shamshi Kaldayakov, 1956|
|Adopted||7 January 2006|
"Menıñ Qazaqstanym" (Kazakh: Менің Қазақстаным, Kazakh pronunciation: [mʲeˈnɘɴ qɑzɑqstɑˈnəm]; "My Kazakhstan") has been the national anthem of Kazakhstan since 7 January 2006.
History[change | change source]
This song was originally a patriotic song written in 1956 in response to the Soviet Union's Virgin Lands programme. The tune was composed by Shámshi Qaldaıaqov with lyrics (words) by Jumeken Nájimedenov. In 2006, the first president of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev revised (changed) the lyrics before becoming the anthem.
Lyrics[change | change source]
Kazakh official[change | change source]
|Latin script||Cyrillic script||Perso-Arabic script||IPA transcription|
Altyn kün aspany,
Алтын күн аспаны,
،التىن ءكۇن اسپانى
[ɑ̝ɫ̪.ˈt̪ə̃ŋ‿kʏ̞̃n̪ ɑ̝s̪.pɑ̝̃.ˈn̪ə ǀ]
Unofficial Chinese version[change | change source]
|Wǒ de hāsàkè sītǎn
Tiānkōng shàng jīn tàiyáng,
Тянконшон җин тэён,
Unofficial Russian version[change | change source]
Солнца свет в небесах,
Урожай на полях,
Песнь о смелых сынах
Прославляют в веках!
Слава нашей земли
С давних пор на устах.
Как ты горд и силён,
Мой родной Казахстан!
Край мой родной! Мой народ со мной!
В поле цветок, взращенный тобой.
Песня звенит на устах народа:
Родина — свобода — вечный Казахстан!
Все пути предо мной
Распахнул шар земной,
И сплочённый народ
В светлый путь нас зовёт.
Кровных уз и добра,
Счастья нового дня –
Ты, отчизна моя,
Всё дала мне сполна!
Unofficial English version[change | change source]
In the sky sun of gold,
In the steppes seeds of gold.
Of legends brave and bold,
My great country behold!
From thine antiquity
Emerged our glory.
Our honour shall reign
Brave my Kazakhs remain!
My motherland, my motherland,
Like a flower upright I stand.
Of thee I sing, thee I proudly blazon!
O my native homeland — my Kazakhstan!
For aeons we've lasted
In the vast land I have.
Our folk united
In this free land I have.
Of new eras embraced,
Like an eternal friend.
Revered is our land,
Such is our homeland!
Original lyrics[change | change source]
This is the original song the current national anthem of Qazaqstan is based on. Shamshea Calda-Jacoff is the original composer of the music, and Jewmecken Nagey-Meddenoff is the original author of the lyrics.
|Kazakh original||Romanization||Arabization||English translation|
Алтын күн аспаны,
Altyn kün aspany,
،لتىن ءكۇن اسپانى
Sun of gold in the sky,
Parodies[change | change source]
There is a parody version of the anthem—in an entirely different tune—which comes at the end of 2005 mockumentary film Borat. It is titled "O Kazakhstan". The actor who played Borat Sagdiyev, Sacha Baron Cohen, has been threatened with lawsuits by the Government of Kazakhstan after the execution (release) of the film.
Playback incidents[change | change source]
In March 2012, the full Borat soundtrack was played at the International Shooting Grand Prix in Kuwait with Gold-winner Mariya Dmitriyenko. Kazakh officials were angered by this incident and complained. A few weeks earlier, at a festival of a ski resort in Qostanaı, the first part of Ricky Martin's single "Livin' La Vida Loca" was played accidentally before it was immediately changed to "Meniń Qazaqstanym".
References[change | change source]
- ↑ The CIA World Factbook 2012 Central Intelligence Agency - 2011 National anthem: name: “Menin Qazaqstanim” (My Kazakhstan) lyrics/music: Zhumeken NAZHIMEDENOV
- ↑ Marshall, Alex (2015). Republic or Death! Travels in Search of National Anthems. London: Random House Books. pp. 140–144. ISBN 9781847947413. 'Imagine if someone came and tried to break up London,' [Shamshi Kaldayakov's son] Mukhtar says, hitting a table in disgust. 'It's just like that. My father composed the song to stop them doing this. "Don't do it. This is our land."'
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20071124051647/http://www.kazind.com/newsarchives/newsvol54.html Embassy of Kazakhstan in New Delhi, India : Weekly News. Archived 24 Novembet 2007.
- ↑ QAZAQSTAN RESPÝBLIKASYNYŃ MEMLEKETTIK ÁNURANY Kazinform
- ↑ Fourth version of Kazakh Latin script will preserve language purity, linguists say The Astana Times. Yergaliyeva, Aidana (2019-11-18)
- ↑ Қазақстан Республикасының Мемлекеттік Гимні. akorda.kz.
- ↑ Москвич спел гимн Казахстана на русском языке. Informburo.kz.
- ↑ "Meniñ Qazaqstanım (1956) [Original Kazakh National Anthem-Song]". YouTube.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20070224150143/http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2005/11/25/borat-lawsuit-051125.html CBC.ca Arts – British comic responds to legal threat against 'Borat'. CBC Arts. 24 February 2007.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20120326205959/http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/borat-anthem-played-mistake-medals-ceremony-112050453.html Borat anthem played by mistake at medals ceremony. Eurosport Yahoo! UK. 24 March 2012.
- ↑ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17491344 Borat anthem stuns Kazakh gold medallist in Kuwait BBC. 23 March 2012.
- ↑ https://www.rferl.org/amp/kazakhstan_ski_festival_ricky_martin_lavidaloca_national_anthem/24510271.html Kazakhs Get 'La Vida Loca' Instead Of National Anthem. RadioFreeLiberty. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Lyrics to the original song (1956)
- "My Kazakhstan (1956 song)", archived Wikipedia revision, as edited by Ulysses Faye Ohkiph at 16:08, 30 October 2017 – contains lyrics of old song
- "Meniñ Qazaqstanım (1956) [Original Kazakh National Anthem-Song]" (uploaded of "Kingworld30") — Original 1956 song,
- Playback incidents
- "KAZAKHSTAN NATIONAL ANTHEM FAIL!" (uploaded by "Sergio Ledovsky") – Wrong song played briefly at the Qostanaı ski resort in early 2012.
- "Borat spoof Kazakhstan anthem by mistake in medal presentation with English subtitles words" (uploaded by "bluegumtv") – The incident that occurred in Kuwait.
Anthem of the Republic of Kazakhstan
| National Anthem of Kazakhstan