December 15, 1986|
Toronto, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||207 lb (94 kg; 14 st 11 lb)|
Tampa Bay Lightning|
Columbus Blue Jackets
43rd overall, 2005|
Michael Blunden (born December 15, 1986, in Toronto, Ontario) is a Canadian ice hockey right winger. He currently plays for the Tampa Bay Lightning of the National Hockey League (NHL). He has also played for the Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, and Montreal Canadiens.
He was drafted 43rd overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft by the Chicago Blackhawks and was signed to a 3-year entry level contract with them on May 24, 2006. He made his debut with the Blackhawks in the 2006–07 NHL season and played 9 games with them but suffered an injury to his shoulder and was ruled out the rest of the season.
References[change | change source]
- "Blackhawks Sign Michael Blunden". Chicago Blackhawks. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "Blue Jackets trade Pineault for Blackhawks left wing Blunden". CBS Sports. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "Habs acquire Michael Blunden from Columbus in return for Ryan Russell". Montreal Canadiens. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "Lightning sign Stralman, Boyle to multiyear contracts". NHL. Retrieved 2014-07-3. Check date values in:
Other websites[change | change source]
- Mike Blunden player profile at NHL.com
- Mike Blunden career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database