This article includes a list of references or other websites, but its sources remain unclear because it does not have enough inline citations.
|Born||December 27, 1963|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Bart Gunn|
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Billed weight||258 lb (117 kg)|
|Billed from||Austin, Texas|
|Trained by||Caesar Barraza|
Mike Plotcheck (born December 27, 1963 in Titusville, Florida) better known by his ring names, Bart Gunn and Mike Barton, is an American professional wrestler and mixed martial artist.
Career[change | change source]
Plotcheck is known for competing in the World Wrestling Federation for 6 years. During that time, he formed The Smokin' Gunns with his kayfabe brother Billy Gunn. He also feuded with Billy Gunn when the team broke up. He was also a member of the tag team The Midnight Express and competed under the name "Bodacious Bart" along with "Bombastic" Bob Holly.
Plotcheck won the WWF's shoot boxing tournament, the Brawl for All in 1998 when he defeated his tag team partner Bob Holly in the first round, Steve Williams in the second round, The Godfather in the semi-finals, and Bradshaw in the finals. Plotcheck also faced boxer Eric "Butterbean" Esch at WrestleMania XV but was knocked out in 30 seconds. He was released from the WWF a short time after.
He then competed for All Japan Pro Wrestling from 1998 to 2002 where he had a successful tenure. He left AJPW to wrestle for New Japan Pro Wrestling in 2002. He left in 2004.
Plotcheck decided to start a mixed martial arts career and debuted on June 17, 2006. He defeated Wesley "Cabbage" Correira at Rumble On The Rock: Beatdown in less than two minutes by technical knockout because of a cut that Correir suffered during the bout. In his second fight he faced Ikuhisa "The Punk" Minowa at PRIDE Bushido 13 and lost by unanimous decision.
Championships[change | change source]
Plotcheck held many championships during his professional wrestling career:
- All Japan Pro Wrestling
- AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (one time) – with Johnny Ace
- January 2 Korakuen Hall Heavyweight Battle Royal (2001)
- Stan Hansen Cup (2002) – with Jim Steele
- International Wrestling Federation
- IWF World Tag Team Championship (two times) – with Kip Winchester
- New Japan Pro Wrestling
- IWGP Tag Team Championship Number One Contenders Tournament (2003) – with Jim Steele
- Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling
- PCW Americas Championship (two times)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- He was ranked #129 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI 500 by PWI in 1997.
- He was ranked #377 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI Years by PWI in 2003.
- World Wrestling Federation
- NWA World Tag Team Championship (one time) – with Bombastic Bob
- WWF Tag Team Championship (three times) – with Billy Gunn
- Brawl for All (1998)
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Where Are They Now? Bart Gunn". WWE. Archived from the original on 2013-07-04. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Mike Barton Archived 2013-06-01 at the Wayback Machine on OWOW