Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mill could mean:
- Mill (grinding), equipment for the grinding or pulverizing of raw materials using millstones
- Mill (factory), a place of business for making articles of manufacture. The term mill was once in common use for a factory because many factories in the early stages of the Industrial Revolution were powered by a watermill, but nowadays it is only used in a few specific contexts; e.g.
- a cotton mill is a factory for processing cotton
- a paper mill produces paper
- a sawmill cuts timber
- a steel mill manufactures steel
- a sugar mill (also called a sugar refinery) processes sugar beets or sugar cane into various finished products
- a huller (also called a rice mill, or rice husker) is used to hull rice
- Milling machine, machine tool that operates by moving a work piece against a cutter.
- Stamp mill, a specialized machine for reducing ore to powder for further processing or for fracturing other materials
- Mill (currency), a tenth of a cent/penny
- The standard author abbreviation Mill. may be used to indicate botanist Philip Miller's work when citing a botanical name
- Diploma mill or degree mill an organization which awards academic degrees and diplomas with very little or no academic study and without recognition by official accrediting bodies
- Nine Men's Morris, a traditional board game; the term "mill" may also mean "three (playing pieces) in a row" within the game
- Mill (Netherlands), a town in the municipality of Mill en Sint Hubert
- Arithmetical unit, used in the context of Charles Babbage's Analytical engine, a 19th-century concept of a computer
- Windmill (breakdance move) or mill, a power move in breakdancing
- The Mill (post-production), a visual effects company
People named Mill:
- Andy Mill, skier
- Frank Mill, German football player (World Cup winner, Summer Olympics bronze medalist)
- Harriet Taylor Mill, philosopher
- James Mill, a Scottish historian, economist and philosopher
- John Stuart Mill, an influential liberal thinker of the 19th century
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mill.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.