Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mill could mean:
- Mill (grinding), equipment for the grinding or pulverizing of raw materials using millstones
- Mill (factory), a place of business for making articles of manufacture. The term mill was once in common use for a factory because many factories in the early stages of the Industrial Revolution were powered by a watermill, but nowadays it is only used in a few specific contexts; e.g.
- a cotton mill is a factory for processing cotton
- a paper mill produces paper
- a sawmill cuts timber
- a steel mill manufactures steel
- a sugar mill (also called a sugar refinery) processes sugar beets or sugar cane into various finished products
- a huller (also called a rice mill, or rice husker) is used to hull rice
- Milling machine, machine tool that operates by moving a work piece against a cutter.
- Stamp mill, a specialized machine for reducing ore to powder for further processing or for fracturing other materials
- Mill (currency), a tenth of a cent/penny
- The standard author abbreviation Mill. may be used to indicate botanist Philip Miller's work when citing a botanical name
- Diploma mill or degree mill an organization which awards academic degrees and diplomas with very little or no academic study and without recognition by official accrediting bodies
- Nine Men's Morris, a traditional board game; the term "mill" may also mean "three (playing pieces) in a row" within the game
- Mill (Netherlands), a town in the municipality of Mill en Sint Hubert
- Arithmetical unit, used in the context of Charles Babbage's Analytical engine, a 19th century concept of a computer
- Windmill (breakdance move) or mill, a power move in breakdancing
- The Mill (post-production), a visual effects company
People named Mill:
- Andy Mill, skier
- Frank Mill, German football player (World Cup winner, Summer Olympics bronze medalist)
- Harriet Taylor Mill, philosopher
- James Mill, a Scottish historian, economist and philosopher
- John Stuart Mill, an influential liberal thinker of the 19th century
| This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.