|Spanish||La casa de papel|
|Created by||Álex Pina|
|Theme music composer||Manel Santisteban|
|Opening theme||"My Life Is Going On" by Cecilia Krull|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|No. of seasons||2 (4 parts)|
|No. of episodes||31 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||67–77 minutes (Antena 3)|
41–59 minutes (Netflix)
|Distributor||Antena 3 Televisión|
1080p (16:9 HDTV)
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||2 May 2017 –|
Money Heist (Spanish: La casa de papel, transl. The House of Paper) is a Spanish heist crime drama television web series created by Álex Pina. The series shows two heists that are planned for many days led by Professor (Álvaro Morte). The first heist was at Royal Mint of Spain and the second one at the Bank of Spain. It has a total of four seasons.
History[change | change source]
The series was supposed to be a limited series to be told in two part at firsts. It had 15 episodes on Spanish network Antena 3 from 2 May 2017 through 23 November 2017. Netflix got the right to distribute it around the world in late 2017. Netflix made short parts of the webseries and expanded into 22 shorter episodes and released them worldwide. The first part of Money Heist was streamed on 20 December 2017, then the second part on 6 April 2018.
In April 2018, Netflix renewed the series with a significantly increased budget for 16 new episodes total. Part 3 had eight episodes and it was released on 19 July 2019. Part 4, also with eight episodes, was released on 3 April 2020.
Filming[change | change source]
The series was made in Madrid, Spain. Some of its parts were made in Panama, Thailand and Florence, Italy. The series is in a narrative tone told from the viewpoint of a woman in Tokyo (Úrsula Corberó).
Cast[change | change source]
- Úrsula Corberó as Silene Oliveira (Tokyo)
- Qayyum Ansari
- Álvaro Morte as Sergio Marquina
- Itziar Ituño as Raquel Murillo (Lisbon)
- Pedro Alonso as Andrés de Fonollosa (Berlin)
- Alba Flores as Ágata Jiménez (Nairobi)
- Miguel Herrán as Aníbal Cortés (Rio)
- Paco Tous as Agustín Ramos (Moscow)
- Jaime Lorente as Daniel / Ricardo Ramos (Denver)
- Esther Acebo as Mónica Gaztambide (Stockholm)
- Kiti Mánver as Mariví Fuentes Raquel's mother
- Enrique Arce as Arturo Román
- Darko Perić as Mirko Dragic (Helsinki)
- María Pedraza as Alison Parker
- Hovik Keuchkerian as Bogotá
- Rodrigo de la Serna as Martín Berrote (Palermo / The Engineer)
- Najwa Nimri as Alicia Sierra
- Luka Peroš as Marseille
- Belén Cuesta as Julia (Manila)
- Fernando Cayo as Colonel Luis Tamayo
- Roberto Garcia Ruiz as Dimitri Mostovói / Radko Dragić (Oslo)
- Fernando Soto as Ángel Rubio
- Juan Fernández as Colonel Luis Prieto
- Anna Gras as Mercedes Colmenar
- Fran Morcillo as Pablo Ruiz
- Clara Alvarado as Ariadna Cascales
- Mario de la Rosa as Suárez
- Miquel García Borda as Alberto Vicuña (
- Naia Guz as Paula Vicuña Murillo
- José Manuel Poga as César Gandía
- Antonio Romero as Benito Antoñanzas
- Pep Munné as Mario Urbaneja
- Olalla Hernández as Amanda
- Mari Carmen Sánchez as Paquita
- Carlos Suárez as Miguel Fernández
- Ramón Agirre as Benjamín
- Ahikar Azcona as Matías Caño
- Antonio García Ferreras as himself
References[change | change source]
- Fernández, Juan (2019-07-18). ""Los de 'La casa de papel' somos unos frikis"". elperiodico (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Goldsmith, Jill (2019-07-19). "Netflix Wants to Make Its Dubbed Foreign Shows Less Dubby". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Spanish hit series "La Casa de Papel" captures Europe's mood a decade after the crash". www.newstatesman.com. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Hopewell, John; Hopewell, John (2018-07-24). "Netflix Launches Its First European Production Hub in Madrid". Variety. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Hennigan, Adrian (2018-04-07). "Netflix's 'Money Heist' Will Steal Your Heart and Your Weekend". Haaretz. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Úrsula Corberó, Alba Flores y Álvaro Morte, protagonistas de los fiction stories de 'La Casa de Papel'". Antena3 (in Spanish). 2017-03-21. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Las dificultades que tiene FOX para producir una tercera temporada de 'Vis a Vis' | Bluper". www.elespanol.com. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "Netflix renueva 'La Casa de Papel' por una quinta temporada que volverá a contar con Álvaro Morte". FormulaTV (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- Watson, Fay (2020-04-03). "Money Heist season 4 location: Where is Money Heist filmed? Where's it set?". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-04-18.
- "11 Locations You Didn't Know Money Heist Was Filmed In - Klook Travel Blog". www.klook.com. Retrieved 2020-04-18.