Mortimer Maxwell Caplin (July 11, 1916 – July 15, 2019) was an American lawyer and educator. He was the founding member of Caplin & Drysdale, Chartered. Caplin served on John F. Kennedy's Task Force on Taxation and in January 1961. He appointed U.S. Commissioner of Internal Revenue.
References[change | change source]
- A Man of Purpose: Professor, lawyer, soldier, scholar - Mort Caplin Makes It His Business to Serve, Washington Business Journal (August 15–21, 2003)
- Cerny, Milton (2016-07-22). "Mortimer Caplin put the 'Service' in 'Internal Revenue Service'". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- Mortimer Caplin, charismatic and hard-driving IRS commissioner, dies at 103
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Mortimer Caplin|
- D.C. Bar Legends in the Law
- Caplin & Drysdale, Chartered
- UVA's Mortimer Caplin Public Service Center
- Images of Mortimer Caplin (Source: Life) 
- Lewis Gilbert, Still Timely 
- Multiplex: Ruth Caplin Theatre Curtains Go Up
- UVA's Innovative Ruth Caplin Theatre Opens Its Doors Tonight
- U.Va. Drama Department Ends Season, Begins Era at State-of-the-Art Ruth Caplin Theatre
- Chevy Chase Couple Has Dedication to Dance, Arts