Mother (Russian: Mat') is a novel written by Maxim Gorky in 1906. It is about an uneducated woman who began to take on extreme political beliefs. It was translated into many languages, many movies are also inspired by it.
- Mother (1926), directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin
- Mother (1956), directed by Mark Donskoy
- Mother (1990), directed by Gleb Panfilov
References[change | change source]
- Alexander Kremer, Self and Society (Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2009), p. 103
- "Mother by Maxim Gorky". Goodreads Inc. 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.