Moza bint Nasser
|Sheikha Moza bint Nasser Al Missned|
موزا بنت ناصر المسند
1 January 1952|
Moza bint Nasser (Arabic:موزا بنت ناصر)(Born on 8 August 1959 in Doha, Qatar ) is the wife of former Emir of Qatar, Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and mother of current Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.she is chairperson of Qatar Foundation and founder of Silatech.she was UNESCO's Special Envoy for Basic and Higher Education in 2003.also, she has been named as one of Forbes' 100 Most Powerful Women at #75.
Early Life[change | change source]
Sheikha Moza was born on August 8, 1959 in Al-Khor, Qatar. She married with Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani in 1977 at the age of 18.she would eventually earn her Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology from Qatar University in 1986.
The Sheikh Hammad has seven children with the Sheikha Mozah:
- Sheikh Jasim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
- Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar
- Sheikha Al-Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani
- Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
- Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani
- Sheikha Hind bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
Honours[change | change source]
Among Sheikha Moza’s many honours are :
- Honorary Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) (2010, UK).
- Member of the Académie des Beaux-Arts (2009, France).
- Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic (07/11/2007, Italy).
- Doctor of Humane Letters (D.H.L.) from Virginia Commonwealth University (2003, Richmond, Virginia).
- Doctor of Humane Letters (D.H.L.) from Carnegie Mellon University (2006, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania).
- Grand Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic (20/04/2011, Spain).
- Dame of the Order of the Smile (2012).