Muppets Most Wanted
Muppets Most Wanted is a 2014 American musical comedy caper film produced by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the eighth movie featuring the Muppets. It was directed by James Bobin and written by Bobin and Nicholas Stoller. Muppets Most Wanted is a sequel to 2011's The Muppets and stars Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell, and Tina Fey. In Muppets Most Wanted, the Muppets find themselves unwittingly involved in an international crime caper while on tour in Europe.
The majority of the production team behind The Muppets returned for Muppets Most Wanted. This was including Bobin, Stoller, producers David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films. Music supervisor Bret McKenzie also returned. The movie started filming in January 2013 at Pinewood Studios in London. Muppets Most Wanted premiered March 11, 2014 in Los Angeles, California and was released in North America on March 21, 2014.
References[change | change source]
- Rottenberg, Josh (January 30, 2013). "A first look at the Muppets sequel, 'Muppets...Again!' – Exclusive". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- Brodesser-Akner, Claude (March 1, 2012). "New Muppets Movie Going Ahead, But Without Jason Segel As a Writer". Vulture. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- McIntyre, Gina (January 10, 2014). "'Muppets Most Wanted' finds Kermit and company in a crime caper". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Kit, Borys (August 16, 2012). "'The Muppets' Producer Mandeville Re-Ups With Disney (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- Miller, Daniel; Kit, Borys (October 31, 2012). "Christoph Waltz in Negotiations to Star in 'The Muppets' Sequel (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Weintraub, Steve. "'The Muppets' Sequel Update: Filming Begins in Late January at Pinewood Studios in London; Bret McKenzie Writing New Songs". Collider.com. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- Lussier, Germaine. "Sequel Bits: Fast and Furious 6, Star Trek 3, Muppets 2, Catching Fire, Legend of Conan". /Film. Retrieved January 19, 2013.