|Owner(s)||Namibia Media Holdings|
The Namibian Sun is a daily tabloid and print newspaper in Namibia. The paper was launched on 20 September 2007 and publishes everyday. It had an initial print run of 36,000. The paper publishes mostly in English with some pages in Oshiwambo and targets a readership aged between 18 and 40. It has been published daily since 2010.
It is published by Namibia Media Holdings (formerly Democratic Media Holdings) which also publishes two other newspapers, the Allgemeine Zeitung and Die Republikein. While AZ has a German-speaking readership, and Republikein targets Afrikaans speakers, the Namibian Sun focuses on an English-speaking audience.
References[change | change source]
- "NAB 'owns' in Namibia". bizcommunity.com. 14 September 2007. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- "Our History". Namibia Media Holdings. Archived from the original on 5 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- Rothe, Andreas (2010). Media System and News Selections in Namibia. LIT Verlag. p. 36. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "About Us". Namibia Media Holdings. Archived from the original on 5 November 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- Rothe, Media System and News Selections in Namibia, p. 37.