Nanny McPhee is a 2005 British fantasy movie. It was directed by Kirk Jones. The stars of Nanny McPhee are Emma Thompson and Colin Firth. Thompson also wrote the script for the movie. The script is based on Christianna Brand's Nurse Matilda books.
Plot[change | change source]
Nanny McPhee is about a nanny called who had magic, and used it to help naughty children be good. The family in this movie has seven children, and all of them are naughty. Nanny McPhee taught them 5 lessons. The first lesson was to ‘sleep when they should sleep’. The second was to ‘get up when they are told’, the third lesson was ‘to get dress when they are told’, the fourth lesson was ‘to listen’ and the fifth and final lesson was to ‘completely obey parents' commands’. Cedric Brown (Colin Firth)'s wife died, leaving behind seven children. Cedric was very busy at work and he had to take care of his children when he went home. Therefore, Cedric had already found 16 nannies. However, none could cope with the children.
A woman who looked extremely ugly appeared on his doorstep. The woman told Cedric that her name is Nanny
McPhee, and she would like to be the children's nanny. McPhee had magical powers. The children become nicer day by day, and Cedric's situation is improved a lot.
Cast[change | change source]
- Emma Thompson as Nanny McPhee
- Colin Firth as Cedric Brown
- Kelly Macdonald as Evangeline
- Angela Lansbury as Great Aunt Adelaide
- Celia Imrie as Mrs. Selma Quickly
- Imelda Staunton as Mrs. Blatherwick
- Derek Jacobi as Mr. Wheen
- Patrick Barlow as Mr. Jowls
- Thomas Sangster as Simon Brown
- Eliza Bennett as Tora Brown
- Jennifer Rae Daykin as Lily Brown
- Raphaël Coleman as Eric Brown
- Samuel Honywood as Sebastian Brown
- Holly Gibbs as Christianna Brown
- Hebe and Zinnia Barnes as Agatha (Aggie) Brown