|15th Prime Minister of India|
26 May 2014
Ram Nath Kovind
|Preceded by||Manmohan Singh|
|14th Chief Minister of Gujarat|
7 October 2001 – 22 May 2014
|Governor||Sunder Singh Bhandari
Nawal Kishore Sharma
S. C. Jamir
|Preceded by||Keshubhai Patel|
|Succeeded by||Anandiben Patel|
|Member of Parliament for
16 May 2014
|Preceded by||Murli Manohar Joshi|
|Born||Narendra Damodardas Modi
17 September 1950
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Jashodaben Chimanlal (Child
|Residence||5, Race Course Road, New Delhi|
|Alma mater||University of Delhi
Narendra Damodardas Modi (born 17 September 1950) is an Indian politician. He is the current Prime Minister of India serving since 2014. He was the 14th Chief Minister of the state of Gujarat. Modi was elected Prime Minister of India in May 2014. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Modi is a Hindu Nationalist. He is a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
References[change | change source]
- "Shri Narendra Modi assumes office as 15th Prime Minister of India". Prime Minister’s Office, India. 27 May 2014. http://pmindia.nic.in/details12.php. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "BJP banking on Modi effect". The Hindu - Blog. 27 April 2009. http://blogs.thehindu.com/elections2009/?p=2148. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "Modi wins India's election with a landslide, early results show". Reuters. 16 May 2014. https://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/16/us-india-election-idUSBREA4E0XG20140516. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "'I have a special association with tea', Modi tells Lankan Tamils" (in en). www.oneindia.com. http://www.oneindia.com/international/i-have-special-association-with-tea-modi-tells-lankan-tamils-2433622.html.
- Sinha, N. C. (in en). High School Essays. pp. 20. ISBN 978-93-5186-604-6. https://books.google.com/books?id=ALWaDAAAQBAJ&lpg=PA1&pg=PA20#v=onepage&q&f=false.