National Polytechnic Institute
|National Polytechnic Institute|
|Instituto Politécnico Nacional|
|Motto||La Técnica al Servicio de la Patria|
|Motto in English||Technology to meet the needs of the Nation|
|Established||1 January 1936|
|Dean||Jesús Ávila Galinzoga|
|Director||Enrique Fernández Fassnacht|
|Other students||63,891 (High school)|
|Location||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Campus||Several across Mexico, mostly urban|
|Colors||Maroon and white|
The National Polytechnic Institute (Spanish: Instituto Politécnico Nacional, IPN) is a public university in Mexico City. It is dedicated to research and education at high school, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It was founded in 1936 by president Lázaro Cárdenas del Río.
The National Polytechnic Institute offers 293 courses of study. It is made up of 98 different academic units. These academic units are located across Mexico. With 171,581 students (2013), it is one of the largest universities in Mexico.
The institute has an important research center in Mexico called CINVESTAV.
The IPN has 27 sports teams. It has two American football teams called Burros blancos (White donkeys) and Águilas blancas (White eagles) on the Mexican College Football (ONEFA). These teams have won many championships. The IPN has a strong rivalry in all sports with UNAM, the other university in Mexico City.
Other pages[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Instituto Politécnico Nacional|
- (Spanish) Official website
References[change | change source]
- National Polytechnic Institute. "About Us". http://www.ipn.mx/english/Paginas/Inicio.aspx. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- National Polytechnic Institute. "Directorio de Servidores Públicos de Mando y Dirección" (in Spanish) (PDF). http://www.ipn.mx/documents/directorio.pdf. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- Quadratin México. "Designan a Enrique Fernández Fassnacht director del IPN" (in Spanish). http://mexico.quadratin.com.mx/Designan-Enrique-Fernandez-Fassnacht-director-del-IPN/. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- National Polytechnic Institute. "Informe Anuel de Actividades dos mil trece" (in Spanish) (PDF). http://www.gestionestrategica.ipn.mx/Evaluacion/Documents/InfoLabores/InformeLabores2013.pdf. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- National Polytechnic Institute. "Deportes en el IPN" (in Spanish). http://www.deportes.ipn.mx/WPS/WCM/CONNECT/DDFD/DDFD/INICIO/DEPORTES/INDEX.HTM. Retrieved 14 September 2010.