Naturopathy is a form of alternative medicine. It is based on the belief that a special energy called "vital energy" guides bodily functions such as metabolism, reproduction and growth. Naturopaths use various froms of treament, such as herbal medicine and massaging with a holistic view. They generally avoid the use of surgery and synthetic drugs. In Naturopathy, evidence-based medicine is thought of as being only part of the evidence. Taken as a whole, naturopathy is an ideologic system, not a scientific one.
The term naturopathy comes from Greek and Latin, meaning "natural therapy". Modern naturopathy developed from the Natural Cure movement in Europe.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Sarris, Jerome; Wardle, Jon (2010). Clinical Naturopathy: An evidence-based guide to practice. Sydney: Churchill Livingstone / Elsevier Health Sciences. pp. 32–36. ISBN 9780729579261. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- ↑ Jagtenberg, Tom; Evans, Sue; Grant, Airdre; Howden, Ian (April 2006). "Evidence-based medicine and naturopathy". Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 12 (3): 323–328. doi:10.1089/acm.2006.12.323. PMID 16646733.[permanent dead link]
- ↑ Jarvis, William T. (January 30, 2001) [copyright 1997]. "NCAHF Fact Sheet on Naturopathy". National Council Against Health Fraud. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- ↑ "Naturopathy: An Introduction". National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services. March 2012 [created April 2007]. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- ↑ Brown, P.S. (April 1, 1988). "Nineteenth-century American health reformers and the early nature cure movement in Britain". Medical History. 32 (2): 174–194. doi:10.1017/s0025727300047980. PMC 1139856. PMID 3287059.
- ↑ Langley, Stephen (28 November 2007). "History of Naturopathy". College of Naturopathic Medicine website. UK.
https://www.myblogguru.com/2021/08/be-success-in-life-choose-natural.html Archived 2021-08-11 at the Wayback Machine Archived 2021-08-11 at the Wayback Machine[change | change source]