|Birth name||Ron Raphael Braunstein|
|Also known as||The Sexorcist, Mad Mooney|
|Born||June 7, 1976|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Genres||Hip hop, heavy metal|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, record producer, CEO, film director|
|Labels||Funk Volume, Ruthless Records|
|Associated acts||Injustice, Mr. Hyde, Secret Society, Non Phixion, Ill Bill, Q-Unique, Kool G Rap, The Godfathers|
Ron Raphael Braunstein is an American rapper, producer, director, and Label CEO better known by his stage name, Necro. His stage name is derived from the Slayer song, Necrophobic. Necro invented the term "death rap" which he describes as ultraviolent hip hop. Necro is the younger brother of other local rapper, Ill Bill. He is a Jew of Israeli and Romanian ethnicity.
Discography[change | change source]
Studio albums[change | change source]
Necro has released 9 studio albums:
|1997||Get On Your Knees EP|
|2000||I Need Drugs|
|2004||The Pre-Fix for Death|
|2012||The Murder Murder Kill Kill EP|
Controversy[change | change source]
He has also been involved in controversy which includes a riot that erupted at one of his shows when he didn't show up in Vancouver, British Columbia, Necro being fined $3000 for fracturing a man's jaw in Perth, Western Australia, being sued by Ani DiFranco after he sampled one of her songs and his music was connected to a murder in London, Ontario because the murderer was a fan of Necro and was inspired by his song "Garbage Bag".
References[change | change source]
- "Tori Stafford trial aftermath: Religion and the death rapper".
- "Necro - "The Art of Necro"". Archived from the original on 2013-11-14. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- 05:05 PM. "sputnikmusic New NECRO INTERVIEW from Jew School". Slumz.boxden.com. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- "Rapper Necro's No-show Sparks Concert Riot".
- "US rapper Necro fined for Perth assault".[permanent dead link]
- ""NECRO UPDATE - JULY 2010 - NecroHipHop.com Message Board"". Archived from the original on 2012-03-09. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "McClintic planned Tori's abduction, lawyer suggests".
Other websites[change | change source]