Neustadt an der Donau
Neustadt an der Donau is a town in Lower Bavaria on the Danube in Bavaria, Germany. Placed on the western border of Kelheim, Neustadt is firstly known for the thermal spa Bad Gögging. Neustadt had a population of 12,753 as of December 31, 2003.
Geography[change | change source]
The city is halfway between Ingolstadt and Regensburg, on an about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) wide gravel plain of the Danube valley, which at this point is south of the wooded foothills of the tertiary Donau-Isar hill country of the Hallertau and surrounded on the north by the limestone slope of the southern Franconian Alb. The rivers Ilm and Abens flow into the Danube in the city.
The township has 22 districts Arresting, Bad Gögging, Deisenhofen, Eining, Geibenstetten, Haderfleck, Heiligenstadt, Hienheim, Irnsing, Irnsing-Steinbruch, Karpfenstein, Lina, Marching, Mauern, Mulhouse, Niederulrain, Oberulrain, Schwaig, Sittling, Umbertshausen and Wöhr . The area heavily dominated by agriculture; asparagus and in particular hops play a special role. Surrounding communities of Neustadt are Abensberg, Altmannstein, Biburg, Kelheim, Mindelstetten, Münchsmünster, Pförring and Siegenburg.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Liste der ersten Bürgermeister/Oberbürgermeister in kreisangehörigen Gemeinden, Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik, 15 July 2021.
- ↑ "Tabelle 12411-003r Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes: Gemeinden, Stichtag" (in German). Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik. June 2022.
- ↑ Bayerische Landesbibliothek Online.
Other websites[change | change source]
- (in German) Municipal website
- (in German) Official website of Bad Gögging