New Administrative Capital
Jump to navigation Jump to search
It was announced by then-Egyptian housing minister Moustafa Madbouly at the Egypt Economic Development Conference on 13 March 2015. The city will reportedly be named Wedian, the Egyptian Arabic plural for "Wadi".
References[change | change source]
- "Egypt's new desert capital faces delays as it battles for funds". Reuters. 2019-05-13. Retrieved 2020-03-13.
- "Inside Egypt's new capital". Property Week. Retrieved 2020-03-13.
- "Egypt plans new capital adjacent to Cairo". Al Jazeera. 14 March 2015. Retrieved 14 March 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Khorshed, Mirette (2017). Cairo's new administrative capital Wedian City: lessons from the past and for the future (M.C.P.). Massachusetts Institute of Technology. hdl:1721.1/108955. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- Keeton, Rachel; Provoost, Michelle (10 July 2019). "New cities in the sand: inside Egypt's dream to conquer the desert". The Guardian. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- "UDC - Urban Development Consortium". www.udc5.com. Retrieved 2020-03-06.