New Brunswick, New Jersey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
New Brunswick, New Jersey
|City of New Brunswick|
Hub City, Healthcare City
Location of New Brunswick in Middlesex County. Inset: Location of Middlesex County highlighted in the State of New Jersey.
Census Bureau map of New Brunswick, New Jersey
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Established||December 30, 1730|
|Incorporated||September 1, 1784|
|Named for||Braunschweig, Germany or King George II of Great Britain|
|• Type||Faulkner Act (Mayor-Council)|
|• Body||City Council|
|• Mayor||James M. Cahill (D, term ends December 31, 2018)|
|• Administrator||Thomas A. Loughlin, III|
|• Municipal clerk||Daniel A. Torrisi|
|• Total||5.789 sq mi (14.995 km2)|
|• Land||5.227 sq mi (13.539 km2)|
|• Water||0.562 sq mi (1.456 km2) 9.71%|
|Area rank||264th of 566 in state|
14th of 25 in county
|Elevation||62 ft (19 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Rank||27th of 566 in state|
5th of 25 in county
|• Density||10,556.4/sq mi (4,075.8/km2)|
|• Density rank||34th of 566 in state|
2nd of 25 in county
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (Eastern (EDT))|
|Area code(s)||732/848 and 908|
|GNIS feature ID||0885318|
|New Brunswick is the county seat for Middlesex County.|
References[change | change source]
- 2010 Census Gazetteer Files: New Jersey County Subdivisions, United States Census Bureau. Accessed May 21, 2015.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- 2017 New Jersey Mayors Directory, New Jersey Department of Community Affairs. Accessed May 30, 2017.
- Department of Administration, City of New Brunswick. Accessed July 13, 2016.
- City Clerk, City of New Brunswick. Accessed July 13, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: City of New Brunswick, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed March 8, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 for New Brunswick city, Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed April 18, 2012.
- Table DP-1. Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2010 for New Brunswick city, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Accessed April 18, 2012.
- GCT-PH1 Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - State -- County Subdivision from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed November 23, 2012.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for New Brunswick, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed April 18, 2012.
- Zip Codes, State of New Jersey. Accessed August 18, 2013.
- Area Code Lookup - NPA NXX for New Brunswick, NJ, Area-Codes.com. Accessed October 6, 2014.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Geographic codes for New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed August 29, 2017.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.