New Power Party
|Founded||January 25, 2015|
| position = Centre-left The New Power Party (DPP) (Traditional Chinese: 時代力量; Simplified Chinese: 时代力量; abbreviated to 時力黨 or 时力党; Pinyin: Mínjìndǎng) is a major political party in the Republic of China (Taiwan). The party emerged from the Sunflower Student Movement in 2014, and advocates for universal human rights, civil and political liberties, as well as Taiwan independence/nationalism. The party is a part of the political phenomenon known as the "Third Force" (第三勢力), in which new political parties, unaligned with traditional Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) or the Kuomintang (KMT)s, sought to provide an alternative in Taiwanese politics. Nevertheless, the NPP's policies are very much aligned and closely matches the DPP.
References[change | change source]
- "Kao Yu-ting elected chairwoman of embattled New Power Party" Archived 2020-11-10 at the Wayback Machine Focus Taiwan New Channel. 2020.08.29
- "대만 청년정당 '시대역량'을 만나다. (Meet Taiwan's youth party, the 'New Power Party'.)" (in Korean). OhmyNews. 2 January 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
시대역량이 민진당에 끊임없이 진보적인 목소리를 불어넣으려고 노력하는 이유이다. 특히 시대역량은 노동·복지·경제 문제에 집중하고 있다. (The NPP is trying to infuse a constantly progressive voice into the DPP. In particular, the NPP is focusing on labor, welfare and economic issues.)
- 人民作主的新政治. newpowerparty.tw. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- New Power Party Platform(Chinese)
- "New Power Party announces leadership structure - Taipei Times". www.taipeitimes.com. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- Taiwan's newest politicians include a rock star and an aboriginal activist
- "Civic groups voice support for 'third force' - Taipei Times". www.taipeitimes.com. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New Power Party.|
Political parties of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
|Legislative Yuan Party||Democratic Progressive Party - Taiwan Statebuilding Party - New Power Party - Kuomintang|
|Minor||Can't Stop This Party - Green Party - Social Democratic Party|