New York Jets
|New York Jets|
|Established August 14, 1959|
First season: 1960
Play in MetLife Stadium
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Headquartered in the Atlantic Health
Jets Training Center
Florham Park, New Jersey
American Football League (1960–1969)
National Football League (1970–present)
|Team colors||Gotham green, spotlight white, stealth black|
|Owner(s)||Woody and Christopher Johnson|
|General manager||Joe Douglas|
|Head coach||Robert Saleh|
|League championships (1†)|
|Conference championships (0)|
|Division championships (4) AFL–NFL merger|
|Playoff appearances (14)|
The New York Jets are an American football team. They are a part of the National Football League (NFL). Even though they are called the New York Jets they play in New Jersey. They hail from the same stadium as the New York Giants. They have many fans in New York and New Jersey. The New York Jets started playing in 1960. They have only won one championship.
The Jets were originally called the New York Titans. They played their games in the Polo Grounds. When they moved to Shea Stadium in 1964, they were called the Jets. That was a more modern-sounding name, and it also rhymed with "New York Mets", the other team that played its games at Shea. The New York Jets have won only one super bowl in 1969 , this victory was guaranteed by their QB, Joe Namath, in the media in the weeks leading up to the game.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "New York Jets Team Facts". ProFootballHOF.com. NFL Enterprises, LLC. Archived from the original on December 20, 2019. Retrieved January 28, 2020.
- ↑ "General FAQ". NewYorkJets.com. NFL Enterprises, LLC. Archived from the original on April 3, 2019. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- ↑ Landis, Olivia; Allen, Eric; Lange, Randy (April 4, 2019). "Take Flight: New Jets Uniforms Another Symbol of a New Era". NewYorkJets.com. NFL Enterprises, LLC. Archived from the original on August 9, 2019. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
Three new colors: Gotham Green, Spotlight White and Stealth Black
- ↑ Bergman, Jeremy (April 4, 2019). "New York Jets unveil new uniforms, green helmets". NFL.com. NFL Enterprises, LLC. Archived from the original on April 6, 2019. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
For the first time in over 20 years, the New York Jets will take the field with a new look, to go with their new head coach and high-priced free agents. The Jets unveiled on Thursday evening their new uniforms, helmets and branding for the 2019 season and beyond. Their team colors are "Gotham Green, Spotlight White and Stealth Black."
- ↑ "New York Jets Team Capsule" (PDF). 2021 Official National Football League Record and Fact Book (PDF). NFL Enterprises, LLC. August 11, 2021. Retrieved September 16, 2021.