Nexhmije Pagarusha[a] (7 May 1933 – 7 February 2020) was an Albanian singer and actress. She was known as the queen of Albanian music. She was known for her Albanian folk songs during her three decade career, starting in 1948. She was born in Mališevo, Vardar Banovina, Kingdom of Yugoslavia (today Kosovo).
Singles[change | change source]
- Baresha (English: The Shepherdess)
- Ani mori nuse (English: Alright, oh young bride)
- Mora testin (English: I took the test)
- Kur më shkon si zog n'hava (English: When you fly like a bird in the sky)
- Kur më del në derë (English: When you show up at my doorstep)
- Ke selvitë (English: At the cypresses)
- Ç'u ngrit lulja në mëngjes (English: How'd the flower rise in the morning)
- Çil njat zemër plot kujtime (English: Open that heart full of memories)
- Dallëndyshe (English: Swallow bird)
- Një lule (English: A flower)
- Zambaku i Prizrenit (English: Prizren's lily)
- Sytë për ty i kam të njomë (English: My eyes for you are wet)
References[change | change source]
- "Nexhmije Pagarusha, një fenomen I papërsëritshëm". teksteshqip.com. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013.
- "Nexhmije Pagarusha nderohet nga Nishani me urdhrin "Nderi I Kombit"". teksteshqip.com. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013.
- "Biografia: Nexhmije Pagarusha". Archived from the original on 2015-07-10. Retrieved 2020-02-07.
- Albanian music icon Nexhmije Pagarusha dies at the age of 86