Nicholas Romanov, Prince of Russia
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (August 2016)
|Nicholas Romanovich Romanov|
|Prince of Russia|
|Head of the House of Romanov (disputed)|
|Time||21 April 1992 – 15 September 2014|
|Predecessor||Grand Duke Vladimir Cyrillovich|
|Successor||Prince Dimitri Romanovich|
|Born||26 September 1922 (O.S. 13 September 1922)|
|Died||15 September 2014 (aged 91)|
|Spouse||Countess Sveva della Gherardesca|
|Issue||Princess Natalia Nikolaevna|
Princess Elizabeth Nikolaevna
Princess Tatiana Nikolaevna
|House||House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov|
|Father||Prince Roman Petrovich of Russia|
|Mother||Countess Praskovia Dmitrievna Sheremeteva|
Nicholas Romanovich Romanov, Prince of Russia (Russian: Николай Романович Романов; 26 September 1922 – 15 September 2014) was a claimant to the headship of the House of Romanov and President of the Romanov Family Association.
Although he is related to the Tsar Nicholas I of Russia, his claimed titles and official membership in the former Imperial House are disputed by those who maintain that his parents' marriage violated the laws of Imperial Russia.
Ancestry[change | change source]
|Ancestors of Prince Nicholas Romanovich of Russia|
References[change | change source]
- Brozan, Nadine. (1995) Chronicle
- "Nikolai Romanov Prince of Russia Presentation". nikolairomanov.com. 26 September 2002. Archived from the original on 17 June 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2008.
- Broek, Pieter (1994) "A Genealogy of The Romanov Dynasty, The Imperial House of Russia, 1825-1994" Noble House Publications
- "Statement by Nicholai Romanov, Russian Prince". Spbnews. 4 July 1998. Archived from the original on 13 April 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2008.
- Massie, ch. 19: "The Romanov Emigres," esp. pp. 264-265 (Russian Law of Succession) and pp. 274-275.