Nihal Naj Ali Al-Awlaqi
Nihal Naj Ali Al-Awlaqi or Nihal Naji Ali Al Awlaki (Arabic: نهال ناجي علي العولقي ) is a Yemeni lawyer. She is Yemen’s Minister of Legal Affairs.  In 2016 she received the International Women of Courage Award.
Life[change | change source]
Al-Awalqi is from the Shabwah Governorate in Yemen. At the time of her appointment as Minister of Legal Affairs, on September 9, 2016, she was 39 years old. Al-Awalqi received a Doctor of Laws degree with honors from Mohammed V University in Morocco. She also received a Master of Law and a Bachelor of Legal Sciences from Mohammed V. University.  She speaks Arabic, English, and French.
Work[change | change source]
Al-Awalqi was an assistant law professor at the University of Aden, where she worked on research and training on the status of women. She was a member of the comprehensive national dialogue conference state-building team. She was a member of the constitution drafting committee. She was a member of the government negotiating team in Geneva.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to International Women of Courage Award.|
- 2016 International Women of Courage Awards, U.S. State Department photostream on Flickr
- Secretary's International Women of Courage Award (U.S. Department of State)
References[change | change source]
- "Biographies of 2016 Award Winners".
- "U.S. State Department honors 14 leaders from around the world". 29 March 2016.
- News, VOA. "2016 Women of Courage Award Winners".
- "الوزيرة اليمنية نهال العولقي بين أشجع نساء العالم (صور)". Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- الرئيسية, الحدث برس -. "من هي "نهال ناجي علي العولقي" وزير الشؤون القانونية". Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- "جائزة المرأة الشجاعة من الخارجية الأميركية لوزيرة الشؤون القانونية - يمن 24".
- Correspondent, Saeed Al Batati, (10 January 2016). "UN envoy in Yemen to nudge Al Houthis towards peace talks". Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- Agency, Qatar News. "Yemeni President Reshuffles Cabinet in Four Ministries". Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- "Issuance of decisions Republic (translated)". President Abed Rabbo Mansour Had. Retrieved 27 August 2016.