Dr. Nishant Taneja is well recognized expert in the medical and surgical treatment of retinal and vitreous diseases. He specializes in the entire range of conditions that can affect the back of the eye, including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular occlusions, macular holes, epiretinal membranes, retinal tears and detachment, hereditary and inflammatory retinal diseases, and ocular trauma and tumors.
Dr Taneja completed his residency in ophthalmology (M D Ophthalmology) at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), the prestigious and premier Medical College of India in 2003.During his tenure at AIIMS, he specialized in all techniques of complicated cataract and glaucoma surgeries. He then completed fellowship in treatment of retinal and vitreous diseases and surgery at the L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India a leading center for retinal/vitreous research and training. His special area of research was in diseases of posterior uveitis, ocular infections and optic neuropathies.
About Dr. Nishant Taneja[change | change source]
Dr. Taneja started practicing as vitreoretina surgeon in 2005 in New Delhi, India. He worked as consultant vitreoretina surgeon at I care hospital and post graduate institute, Noida from 2007 to 2009.
Dr. Taneja spent the first 9 years of his medical career as ophthalmologist and retina surgeon in India, where he gained expertise in dealing with all kinds of eye surgeries, investigations and lasers.
In the last 13 years, Dr. Taneja has worked full-time in Albania, contributing in treating conservatively and surgically the most complicated and complex eye diseases. He is guided by a high level of personal and professional integrity, which is conveyed in both the concern for his patients and his commitment to ophthalmology.
Although Dr. Taneja’s primary focus is to provide the highest quality, up to date, and compassionate care for his patients, the advancement of knowledge and treatment of retinal diseases has always been very important to him as well. He has published many original scientific articles in peer reviewed publications on retinal diseases. He is an active member of the American Society of Retinal Specialists (ASRS), European vitreoretina society (EVRS), All India ophthalmological society (AIOS) and Vitreoretina Society of India (VRSI).
Dr Taneja continued his medical education and surgical refinement with preceptorships at prestigious centres like Moorfield eye hospital, London (2017) and Ophthalmic associates of Boston, USA( 2018). Dr. Taneja has participated in several teaching and outreach programs as well.
Dr Taneja has a special interest in surgical management of:[change | change source]
- Retinal And Vitreous Diseases Like Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Holes, Vitreous Hemorrhage, Epiretinal Mem-branes, Retinal Tears And Retinal Detachment.
- Retinopathy Of Prematurity: Inravitreal Injections, Laser, Cryo Therapy And Vitrectomy.
- Management Of Complications Following Anterior Segment Surger-ies Like Vitreous Prolapse, Vitreous Hemorrhage, Expulsive Hemor-rhage, Dropped Nucleus Or Crystalline Lens.
- Secondary Intraocular Lens Implantation: Scleral Fixation Of Pciol, Iris Sutured Iol, Iris Claw Iol, Intrascleral Suture Less Fixa-tion Of The Iol.
- Complicated Ocular Trauma Including Retained Intraocular For-eign Body Removal And Pole To Pole Surgery In Which Corneal Transplantation Is Combined With Vitrectomy In The Same Session.
- Ocular Infections Including Orbital Cellulitis, Infective Kera-titis, Endophthalmitis (Endogenous And Exogenous) And Panoph-thalmitis.
- Pediatric Ocular Disorders Like Congenital Glaucoma And Pediat-ric Retinal Detachment.
- Phacoemulsification For Cataractwith Multifocal Premium Iol.
- Glaucoma Surgeries Including Trabeculectomy,visco Canalostomy, Canaloplasty And Valve Surgery.
- Congenital Cataract Surgery.
- Neurophthalmology: All Diseases Of Optic Nerve Head In-cluding Demyelinating, Compressive, Inflamatory, Ischemic And Traumatic Optic Neuropathies.
- Electrophysiology: Vep, Erg, Eog.
- Artificial Iris Transplantation.
- Complete Treatment For Keratoconus : Crosslinking, Corneal Rings, Hard Contact Lens And Corneal Transplantation.