Rabbi Shmaryahu Yosef Nissim Karelitz (Hebrew: נסים קרליץ; 19 July 1926 – October 21 2019) Was a Lithuanian-born Israeli rabbi. He was the chairman of the beis din tzedek (rabbinical court) of Bnei Brak. He was born in Vilnius, Lithuania.
He was one of the most highly respected Orthodox rabbis in the world and one of the most important leaders of the Haredi world. He was also a member of the Vaad Halacha (Jewish legal council) of the Maayanei Hayeshua Hospital of Bnei Brak and the av beis din of the Bnei Brak neighborhood of Ramat Aharon.
References[change | change source]
- Frankfurter, Yitzchok (12 May 2013). Ami (119): 75–76. Missing or empty
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-07-28. Retrieved 2019-10-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-02-07. Retrieved 2019-10-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Tefillos Requested as Harav Nissim Karelitz Hospitalized". Hamodia. 25 April 2019.
- "Urgent Tefilos Recited For Recovery Of Rav Nissim Karelitz". Vosizneias. October 6, 2019.