Type of site
|Launched||June 20, 2011(subreddit)|
NoFap or fapstinence is a group that tries to stop masturbating and watching porn. The NoFap website was founded in 2011 by Alexander Rhodes. People who try out the programme sometimes call themselves fapstinents, fapstronauts or nofappers. Some people try out the NoFap plan because it makes them feel more confident. Along with red pillers, incels, MGTOWs and PUA it is a part of the manosphere. As of 2023, there is no scientific evidence that nofap is effective 
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Jalsevac, John. "130,000+ Reddit users flock to forum founded by atheist to quit pornography, masturbation". Life Site. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
Rhodes took the initiative and did so, 'in the 23rd hour of June 20, 2011'
- Cowell, Tom (17 September 2013). "No fapping, please, it's making us ill". The Telegraph. London, England: Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- McMahon, Tamsin (20 January 2014). "Will quitting porn improve your life?: A growing 'NoFap' movement of young men are saying no to porn and masturbation". Maclean's. Toronto, Canada: Rogers Media. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "A man who gave up masturbation for 700 days says it gave him superpowers". The Independent. 5 October 2016.
- Hall, Lex (26 December 2016). "Internet porn abounds but 'no fappers' rise to the occasion". The Australian.
- "Subscribe to The Australian - Newspaper home delivery, website, iPad, iPhone & Android apps". myaccount.news.com.au.
- Jackson, Ryan. "15 Benefits of Quitting Pornography". The Former Fat Kid. Archived from the original on 28 February 2017. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- Dragiewicz, Molly, and Ruth M. Mann. "Special edition: Fighting feminism–organised opposition to women’s rights; Guest editors’ introduction." International Journal for Crime, Justice and Social Democracy 5.2 (2016): 1-5
- "NoFap Benefits: Overhyped or Worth the Sacrifice?". Healthline. 2020-10-11. Retrieved 2023-04-23.
- "The No Fap Hype: Separating Fact from Fiction". Fitness Alley. 2023-04-20. Retrieved 2023-04-23.