Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not have any sources. (April 2019)
|English: You Our Ancient Land!|
|National anthem of||Greenland|
Nunarput utoqqarsuanngoravit (You Our Ancient Land; Danish: Vort ældgamle land under isblinkens bavn) is the national anthem of Greenland. It was written by Henrik Lund, and it became the national anthem in 1916.
Greenlandic[change | change source]
- Nunarput, utoqqarsuanngoravit niaqqut ulissimavoqq qiinik.
- Qitornatit kissumiaannarpatit tunillugit sineriavit piinik.
- Akullequtaastut merlertutut ilinni perortugut tamaani
- kalaallinik imminik taajumavugut niaqquit ataqqinartup saani.
- Atortillugillu tamaasa pisit ingerlaniarusuleqaagut,
- nutarterlugillu noqitsigisatit siumut, siumut piumaqaagut.
- Inersimalersut ingerlanerat tungaalitsiterusuleqaarput,
- oqaatsit "aviisit" qanoq kingunerat atussasoq erinigileqaarput.
- Taqilluni naami atunngiveqaaq, kalaallit siumut makigitsi.
- Inuttut inuuneq pigiuminaqaaq, saperasi isumaqaleritsi.
English[change | change source]
- Our country, which has become so old your head is all covered with white hair.
- Always held us, your children, in your bosom and gave us the riches of your coasts.
- As middle children in the family we blossomed here Kalaallit,
- we want to call ourselves before your proud and honourable head.
- With a burning desire to develop what you have to give, renewing,
- removing your obstacles of our desire to move forward, forward.
- The way of matured societies is our zealous goal to attain;
- the effect of speech and letters we long to behold.
- Humbleness is not the course, Kalaallit wake up and be proud!
- A dignified life is our goal; courageously take a stand.