Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
|Born||Oliver Wendell Holmes|
August 29, 1809
|Died||October 7, 1894 (aged 85)|
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (August 29, 1809 – October 7, 1894) was an American physician, poet, professor, lecturer, and author. He was a member of the Fireside Poets. His most famous works are the "Breakfast-Table" series, which began with The Autocrat of the Breakfast-Table (1858). He was also an important medical reformer. He also wrote old ironsides, a famous poem.
Other websites[change | change source]
Quotations related to Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. at Wikiquote Media related to Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. at Wikimedia Commons
- The name of Sherlock Holmes - Dr. Holmes
- 11th Edition Encyclopædia Britannica (1911) Archived 2010-08-08 at the Wayback Machine
- Quotes by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- The Transcendentalist Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. Archived 2010-12-01 at the Wayback Machine a site maintained by Jone Johnson Lewis
- "The Annotated Autocrat" Archived 2013-12-03 at the Wayback Machine a complete set of annotations to Holmes's Autocrat of the Breakfast Table