|Origin||Kansas City, Missouri,|
|Genres||Pop rock rock, Alternative rock|
|Members||Ryan Tedder |
OneRepublic is an American pop rock band that formed in Colorado. The band has become popular after the release of their hit single, "Apologize". The remix was listed on Timbaland's Shock Value and Dreaming Out Loud.
Members[change | change source]
- Ryan Tedder - vocals, guitar, piano
- Zach Filkins - guitar, vocals
- Eddie Fisher - drums, percussion
- Brent Kutzle - bass guitar, cello, vocals, keyboards
- Drew Brown - guitar
Early career[change | change source]
Since the summer of 2006, OneRepublic has usually been ranked as one of the top musical acts on MySpace, because of a lot of exposure within the online community. They were started by songwriter and record producer Ryan Tedder and his high school friend Zach Filkins in Colorado Springs. The group became official in 2003 with Tedder, Filkins, Drew Brown, Eddie Fisher, and Tim Myers in Los Angeles. After signing a deal with Columbia Records they entered the studio in the summer of 2005 with producer Greg Wells with two songs produced by lead singer Ryan Tedder. After a brief stint on Columbia, they moved to Interscope Records/Mosley Music Group. Tim Myers left the group in 2007 and Brent Kutzle replaced him.
2007: "Apologize" and the debut album[change | change source]
OneRepublic's song "Apologize" was listed on Timbaland's 2007 release Shock Value. The song was released as the single in its original form on the band's debut album Dreaming Out Loud. In addition the single is almost double platinum (marking two million copies sold in the U.S.) It peaked at number three on the U.K. Official Top 40 Week on November 11, 2007.
The band performed "Apologize" live on Fox's So You Think You Can Dance on August 2, 2007. In October 2007, they performed "Apologize" on an episode of One Life to Live, along with Timbaland. It was also played at the end of the television show Cold Case episode "Sabotage".
The follow up single to "Apologize" is "Stop and Stare" as announced on their MySpace page. In 2007, the group went on tour with various opening acts. In 2008, they announced a tour with The Daylights, Maroon 5, Brandi Carlile, and Ry Cuming.
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
|Dreaming Out Loud|
Singles[change | change source]
Adult Top 40
(Timbaland presents OneRepublic)
Dreaming Out Loud
|"Stop and Stare"||Dreaming Out Loud||33||18||55||30||21||23||-||26||21||-||-||26|
Other charting songs[change | change source]
|2007||"Say (All I Need)"||Dreaming Out Loud||108||68||57||75|
References[change | change source]
- OneRepublic's Dreaming Out Loud Hits the Mark with Solid Pop-Rock
- "UKMIX - Forums - View topic - US Billboard Charts (16/02/2008)". Archived from the original on 2008-02-14. Retrieved 2008-02-16.
- "One Republic worldwide chart positions and trajectories" Archived 2008-01-20 at the Wayback Machine. aCharts.us. Retrieved December 28, 2007.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website Archived 2009-10-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Official MySpace
- French Website Archived 2008-09-15 at the Wayback Machine
- OneRepublic interview on ilikemusic.com November 2007
- Interview on Digital Spy November 2007
- One Republic performances & behind the scenes footage Archived 2008-03-24 at the Wayback Machine