OpenStreetMap's logo featuring a magnifier focused on geographical information.
Type of site
|Available in||UI: 93 languages |
Map data: native language of respective settlement
|Owner||OpenStreetMap Community. Project support by OpenStreetMap Foundation|
|Created by||Steve Coast (User page in OSM)|
|Alexa rank||6,214 (As of April 2019[update])|
|Registration||Required for contributors, not required for viewing|
|Launched||9 August 2004|
|Current status||Active (click to see in detail)|
OpenStreetMap is a free editable map of the whole world. It is made by people from the entire world.
People make the maps using data from a GPS device and pictures from airplaces. Map vector information can be downloaded under the Open Database License, and the map pictures can be downloaded under Creative Commons Share-Alike license.
OpenStreetMap allows you to view, edit and use geographical data in a collaborative way from anywhere on Earth.
Sources[change | change source]
- "OpenStreetMap.org Github".
- "FAQ". OpenStreetMap Wiki. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- "Openstreetmap.org Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "OpenStreetMap stats report". OpenStreetMap. OpenStreetMap Foundation. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "OpenStreetMap Wiki - History of OpenStreetMap".
- RWeait (12 September 2012). "OpenStreetMap data license is ODbL v1.0". OSM Foundation. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to OpenStreetMap at Wikimedia Commons